- Do International Students Crowd-Out or Cross-Subsidize Americans in Higher Education? forthcoming at Journal of Public Economics.
- Labor Market Openness, H-1B Visa Policy, and the Scale of International Student Enrollment in the US, Economic Inquiry (2016).
- STEM Workers, H1B Visas and Productivity in US Cities, with Giovanni Peri and Chad Sparber, Journal of Labor Economics (2015).
- Staying in School to Stay in the States: The Impact of Conditioning Immigration Policy on Educational Attainment, with Elira Kuka and Na'ama Shenhav (draft available upon request)
- The Effect of the H-1B Quota on Employment and Selection of Foreign-Born, w/ Anna Maria Mayda, Francesc Ortega, Giovanni Peri and Chad Sparber (draft available upon request)
- Foreign and Native Skilled Workers: What can we learn from H-1B Lotteries?, with Giovanni Peri and Chad Sparber. NBER Working Paper w21175 (2015)
- Foreign STEM Workers and Native Wages and Employment in US Cities, with Giovanni Peri and Chad Sparber. NBER Working Paper (2014).
Works in Progress:
- Immigrant Investors and American Employment: an analysis of the EB-5 Visa Program, with Ethan Lewis
- The Impact of Skilled Immigration on US Workers and Firms, with Francesc Ortega, Anna Maria Mayda, Giovanni Peri and Chad Sparber
- Housing Booms, Trade Shocks, and International Student Migration, with Ariel Weinberger
- Chinese Undergraduates and the Quality of U.S. Higher Education
- Sanctuary Policies, Migration and Crime
- Foreign Scientists and Engineers and Economic Growth in Canadian Labor Markets, with Giovanni Peri, The Economics of Cultural Diversity, Edited by Bakens, Nijkamp, Poot, Edward Elgar Publisher, Amsterdam, October 2014.
- Foreign Scientists and Engineers and Economic Growth, with Giovanni Peri and Chad Sparber (2014), Cato Papers on Public Policy Vol. 3, pp. 107-174.
- Closing Economic Windows: How H-1B Visa Denials Cost U.S.-born Tech Workers Jobs and Wages During the Great Recession, with Giovanni Peri, Chad Sparber, and Angie M. Zeitlin (2014). Partnership for a New American Economy
In the Media:
- "Want a stronger economy? Give immigrants a warm welcome", TheConversation, February 22nd, 2017
- "Why we're wrong to blame immigrants for our sputtering economies", TheConversation, August 22nd, 2016
- "Wage and Employment Effects of Foreign STEM Workers", NBER Digest, October 2014
- "How highly educated immigrants raise native wages", VOXEU, May 29th, 2014
- "Skilled Foreign Workers a Boon to Pay, Study Finds", The Wall Street Journal, May 22nd, 2014
- "It's time to return to the economics of immigration reform", Op-Ed. The Daily Californian, November 8th, 2013
- "The Economic Windfall of Immigration Reform", Op-Ed by Giovanni Peri. The Wall Street Journal, February 12th, 2013